Page

Header Ad Banner

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Miss Sarawak Ethnic 2014 @Borneo Hornbill Festival 6.0

Borneo Hornbill Festival has been running ethnic pageant since 2009. Back then, it was conducted under the titles Kumang & Keling Horbill Festival. As the festival's name evolved from Hornbill Festival(2010) to Borneo Hornbill Festival(2011), so did the pageant titles(2013)
 Miss Sarawak Ethnic Pageant has 3 categories:
a) Sea Dayak-Iban
b) Land Dayak-Bidayuh
c ) Upriver People-Orang Ulu (Kenyah/Kayan/Kelabit/Berawan/Kiput/Lun Bawang/Melanau/Murut/Punan/ Penan/Ukit/Kajang/Kejaman and others)

Miss Sarawak Ethnic Iban 2014
 Nathalie Dinggai(Centre) from Kapit
 flanked by 1st Runner Up (Left) Grace Nyuta from Sibu & 2nd Runner Up-Cecelia Jonathan from Saratok
Borneo Hornbill Festival 2014
I shed my tears when I read this blog from my newly known friend and the toughest jury Mdm Veeky-Leonora Andria. I can't never imagine in my life that I will join Borneo Hornbill Festival 2014 to create the most memorable event in my life. For a fact, I have dream that someday I will participate in Ethnic Pageant but there are always hindarance. I keep on believing in myself no matter what's coming my way I just remember the promise I made for myself "IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO LIVE THE DREAM THAT YOU DREAM". This year in February, my colleague Ms Rorna Lidam talked to me about BHF and I knew that this is my call. I came for the audition with my family support and friends support especially Florena Qumang Jawai Nini Nunu Sharifah Norhafizah Al-Adruce Punit MrPunit Hairol Hafifi Hussin Memey Manja Ing Ing Razali Abas. I am blessed cause I have the best of the best supporters ever. I studied hard with my mentor Rapheal John thoughout the journey. The moment that they annouced my name as the winner for Miss Sarawak Ethnic Iban 2014 was the moment that I told myself while walking towards the front-stage "Dear Nathalie, you keep dreaming of that "one day" you will live the dream that you dream. And now, I am telling you that YOU ARE LIVING THE DREAM THAT YOU DREAMED"
For me personally, win or lose is not important. Experience is important and keep believing in yourself. I hope I have inspired people with what I believe in my whole life "IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO LIVE THE DREAM THAT YOU DREAM" for I have "LIVING THE DREAM THAT I DREAMED"
Nathalie Dinggai-Miss Sarawak Ethnic Iban 2014
It may be the most heaviest costumes among all. But it really worth for bringing these classic and uniques costumes of my people "Iban Batang Rajang" to Kuala Lumpur. Thus, I am proud that people from different ethnic will remember and recognise these costumes. Thank you Borneo Hornbill Festival for letting me show these culture to all.
Nathalie Dinggai-Miss Sarawak Ethnic Iban 2014
Borneo Hornbill Festival 2014

Miss Sarawak Ethnic Bidayuh 2014
Rita Berry (Centre) flanked by
Sonia Naidu (1st Runner Up) -Left
& Tiara Binchai (2nd Runner Up)-Right

Borneo Hornbill Festival 2014
God is great.. Hallelujah!! Thank you to God Almighty for good health and wonderful blessings throughout my journey for Borneo Hornbill Festival 2014. I am proud represent my Bidayuh culture and honored to win the title as Miss Sarawak Ethnic Bidayuh BHF 2014.

To my mum dad sumuk aunty Neng my childhood best-ever-friend-in-the-whole-wide-world family and friends - u know who u are From the bottom of my heart, thank you very very much for the support!! To my generous sponsors, mucho grasias and much love!!!! To my new friends, acquaintances n everyone who have been supporting me all the way, till we meet again.. God bless you. Hugs hugs!! 
Rita Berry-Miss Sarawak Ethnic Bidayuh 2014

Rita Berry-Miss Sarawak Ethnic Bidayuh 2014
Borneo Hornbill Festival 2014
Miss Sarawak Ethnic-Orang Ulu 2014
Diane Aren Sagan (Centre)
flanked by 1st Runner Up-Alice Laong (Left) ,
2nd Runner Up-Jennette Ulau (Right)

Borneo Hornbill Festival 2014

First and foremost, I thank God for blessing me with such an amazing experience with BHF 2014. I would like to thank my family for the support that they have shown me throughout the entire journey, without your strength and advice, I wouldn't have made it this far. It didn't matter that I went to the competition alone because you were always there in my thoughts (and in my Whatsapp). My friends - Nurul Hassan, Dale Lenjau, Farah Nadia and everyone who came to support me during the event, your presence really made a difference. It calmed my frantic heart and steadied my shaky smile. It was also very humbling to know that you guys are there, faithfully rooting for me. I would like to thank Gilberth Roland Lembang and Zamri Ejump for beautifying me. You are truly artists in your craft and I look forward to working with you guys again!

To Warisan Sarawak and this years' judges, thank you so much for organizing and judging this spectacular event - Your insight and feedback during the competition has taught me lessons that will last a lifetime. I would also like to thank all the other girls who joined this year! You girls are genuinely friendly and helpful that parting with all of you kinda makes me sad. Thank you so much for your friendship and I hope we can all keep in touch. You guys are awesome.

Last but not least, I would like to thank my friends in the States for all the kind wishes and support. I love you guys and I hope to see you alls again in Malaysia. Caue Koisumi Cintra and Thais Roque, I did it! Thank you for always believing in me even when I didn't.

When I first joined in 2011, although I left with nothing, I learnt that this was what I wanted to pursue because of my interest. This time I made it back and gave it my all - I'm now walking away with the title Miss Orang Ulu Ethnic 2014 and a truly memorable experience to boot. I now, do believe in second chances and to always go all in when it is something I have passion in.

Everyone, truly thank you. You are very much appreciated, and very much loved. Now it's time to take the heels off and sleep these eye bags away!
xoxo
Diane Sagan
Diane Sagan:Miss Sarawak Ethnic-Orang Ulu 2014

Diane Sagan:Miss Sarawak Ethnic-Orang Ulu 2014
Borneo Hornbill Festival 2014
https://www.facebook.com/themagicshutter
Malaysia Tourism Centre Jln Ampang
Diane Sagan:Miss Sarawak Ethnic-Orang Ulu 2014

Borneo Hornbill Festival 2014
Thank you for being by my side throughout the whole competition and putting up with my childish behavior. I really appreciate your honesty and hospitality that you have shown me and I hope I can show you the same courtesy back when you come to visit Sarawak. Sayang you Dayah!

No comments:

Search This Blog